• Welcome to Japanese Gardening Forums 日本の園芸フォーラム. Please login or sign up.
August 09, 2020, 01:06:56 pm

News:

WHERE ARE YOU?  You can use the "Custom Title" of your profile settings to list your gardening location.  This helps when discussing climate sensitive topics.

Hi from Nebraska

Started by twistedbranches, April 26, 2008, 07:30:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

twistedbranches

Hi all,
My hubby & I purchased an acreage in Oct. I am a Master Gardener for over 10 yrs now. 
We lived in our last home for 18 yrs-ran out of garden/flower space and had to move. ;D
There we built a 5000 gal pond with a small amount of Japanese garden feel.

Now we have the room and going to do the Japanese garden to it's fullest.  Being in zone 5
has a little bit of limitations-we have started off so far with a lace leaf Japanese maple-
a Harry Lauder walking stick-planted on a mound with dry creek and flat bridge

My hubby is a carpenter-so the tea house, bridges & pergola will happen this summer

I am so excited to be here and can't wait to learn & learn & learn
Here is a peek of last weekends project-this will never end
~~~A goal is a dream with a deadline.~~~
Napoleon Hill

Jando

Sounds like you have a great journey ahead of you.  Enjoy and you are lucky to have a Carpenter in the family.  Don't worry about Zone 5 we can grow tons of stuff.  I made some micro climates with boulder and berms for protection and I even have  black mondo grass that is only hardy to zone 6.  Think outside the box and have a great time.

June

don

Welcome to the forum!  There are positives and negatives to all zones, but I think more positives for the cooler ones.  Have fun learning!

don

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk