• Welcome to Japanese Gardening Forums 日本の園芸フォーラム. Please login or sign up.
October 23, 2020, 11:08:38 pm

News:

Japanese Gardening Forum is a part of Japanese Gardening Organization, a non-profit, educational resource for the Japanese gardening community with the mission of fostering the knowledge, appreciation and application of Japanese gardening.  http://www.japanesegardening.org

Hello from New Zealand

Started by Kakapo, September 05, 2018, 12:49:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Kakapo

Hi there. I'm a new member from New Zealand, and about to start re-landscaping a garden.

Before NZ I lived in Japan for 10 years, am married to a Japanese woman, speak passable Japanese, etc. So, I have a strong connection to Japan.

Initially, I'm hoping for some design help from the forum members here. My section (is that a Kiwi expression? Yard? Lot?) is a right angled triangle - half a square, essentially, so it will be a challenge. Also, I'm an engineer by training, so breaking the "everything needs to be straight lines" habit will also be a stretch!

Helpfully, my wife's mother is a gardening fanatic (lives in Nara, as do other family), so I should be able to get help there too (and tools!), although the plants here, they're quite different...

Yoroshiku onegai itashimasu.

Michaelinseattle

Kakapo,
Welcome to the forum!

Michael in Seattle

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk