• Welcome to Japanese Gardening Forums 日本の園芸フォーラム. Please login or sign up.
September 20, 2020, 05:07:00 pm

News:

JGO has published A Japanese Garden Handbook - an encyclopedic overview of Japanese gardens.  Volume one is available free here:     http://www.japanesegardening.org/handbook

Hi Everybody,

Started by kabuki999, November 17, 2014, 08:02:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

kabuki999

Greetings from Hungary !

Thank you for your welcome, Edzard, Don, Michael, Terry and your helpful attention to my post concerning Niwaki exercise on 10 year old black pine.
Attached is a winter photo of my Japanese influenced garden pond in the back of my house. Pond was created in over a decade ago and works real well and it is always a pleasure to look at and relax by it.
Hope I will be able not only to learn, but perhaps also to modestly contribute to your forums with whatever relevant experience I might be able to share.   

Best wishes to all,

kabuki999
kabuki999

Michaelinseattle

kabuki999,
Welcome Aboard! I just love the image you gave.  A warm little light in the midst of cold.  It reminded me of a picture I saw the other day from.... Meiji Jingu....

Enjoy.... and Happy Gardening... Michael in seattle

kabuki999

I'm glad you like it, Michael.
I know my photo doesn't show all that much of the actual garden itself, but it does reflect a certain mood, and isn't this why we all draw inspiration from the Japanese masters, to create wabi sabi havens here and there? Yes, the  Meiji Jingu image does indeed have a very similar atmosphere... thanks for sharing. 
kabuki999

don

Your photo shares the soul of the garden.  Thank you.  The photo gave me the same feeling as the little light in the snow.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk