• Welcome to Japanese Gardening Forums 日本の園芸フォーラム. Please login or sign up.
October 31, 2020, 01:33:57 pm

News:

WHERE ARE YOU?  You can use the "Custom Title" of your profile settings to list your gardening location.  This helps when discussing climate sensitive topics.

Don knots

Started by don, June 24, 2007, 09:32:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

don

Jando

Knowing what a joker Jack is I thought it was going to be a comedy skit with that friendly deputy Don Knots played.  But Instead of laughing I watched with amazement a clip showing in detail how to tie that cool knot.  Now that is a really cool piece of education.

Don you are really something, thanks.

June

don

It is a little bit of history where Edzard found I missed a knot on a fence and Jack pounced on it.

Thanks, June.  Its important to know these efforts are appreciated!

dp

kobold

Hystory indeed, Don!

BTW, the fence, for I asked help and you sent  the picture, is still unfinished. Maybe one day...

Andrea

kobold

I meant history!

Great video, I will practice, thanks Don.

Dwight

Hay , do we get merrit badge credit for this ???
stuck in far west Texas where the cactus grow and it's HOT and DRY

Jack

Nice one, Don!

... but whaddya mean by: "pounced" ????? 

;D

Jando

That's the guy Jack, but what no video??????????;)

Cheers, June

Jack

June -- I swear on my cyanosed complexion... that if a single scrap of footage exists of Barney Fife building a Kenninji-gaki..

I'll find it!  ; )

Jando

chuckling, well we all know I won't be holding my breath waiting to see that one!!!!

Yama

Hi all
when I visit to wholesale nusery and tag trees to pick up later date or deliverly , I make Otoko musubi onto the trees so that no one swich my tag. Once some untie the knot, he can't put it back the way I made knot.
Otoko=man, musubi= knot. other name is tusno musubi. horn knot. end of twin stick out 3/4 inch or so. you figure out name sake of  the knowt  ;D.  if end of knot hangs down sadly we are not calling it Otoko musubi .hehehe.

Otoko musubi is basic knot. Once you master otoko musubi , then you can make many other decorative knot you see in Japanese garden books.
yama

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk