• Welcome to Japanese Gardening Forums 日本の園芸フォーラム. Please login or sign up.
October 31, 2020, 02:12:59 pm

News:

NOTICE:  JGO is considering a merger with North American Japanese Garden Association.  Please send questions and comments to don@japanesegardening.org.

Konbanwa

Started by John, April 21, 2011, 08:21:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Hello, all.  I'm John from the southeast US in the state of Georgia.  I am just starting a new Japanese garden so at the moment there is nothing much to look at as I'm just clearing land.  We have quite a deer problem here so will be fencing the entire project.  We have an abundance of fairly large bamboo here so I'm thinking a privacy fence in the Kenninji style.  I'll post photos as I progress.  I am retired and other than working on the yard and garden to a fair amount of wood turning.  -John

don

Sounds like a great project.  Welcome to the forum, John.

Don

Jando

John welcome, how large an area are you working with?  I look forward to seeing what you are up too.

June

eSearing

Welcome John. Where in GA are you. I would love to watch your garden develop.  I am in Suwanee/Johns Creek area.

JBaymore

Welcome John.  Looking forward to seeing your efforts.

I'm in the northeast USA.

best,

...........john

Josh

Hi there and welcome to the forum. Deer and rabbits can be a real problem, how much area are you actually fencing?
Joshua M. Smith, PhD

John

Thanks for the warm welcome!  The fence will be roughly 40'X40'.  About 150 years ago (or more) this area was a huge cotton plantation and there are terraces still evident that were used to flatten the land and increase production.  One of those terraces runs diagonally through the garden and I thought I'd leave it to add interest (and an excuse to build a bridge).  We are located in Tyrone, GA which is a very small town to the southwest of Atlanta.  The closest town of any size is Peachtree City.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk