• Welcome to Japanese Gardening Forums 日本の園芸フォーラム. Please login or sign up.
October 22, 2020, 06:47:16 pm

News:

WHERE ARE YOU?  You can use the "Custom Title" of your profile settings to list your gardening location.  This helps when discussing climate sensitive topics.

Japanese Garden Designs

Started by wanwien, April 25, 2011, 10:24:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

wanwien

edzard

don

Wanwien, what i see there is not really Japanese gardening.

Jando

Wanwien,  Your garden should be designed for your site and it's conditions, light, moisture, and use.  I think a cookie cutter stamp garden kind of goes against the philosophy of a Japanese garden.

Welcome to our forum, glad you posted and asked about this.  Perhaps Don and Edzard can explain, better than I have, why this type of designing is not a good thing to pursue when planning your Japanese garden.   

June

wanwien

Thanks for the input.  I am also quite skeptical with the sale pitch and don't want to spend the money on something that not working.

don

There are two articles recently published on the front page of JGO.  One deals with the essential relationship between architecture and garden, and the other gives a rare view from an apprentice to a Master Japanese gardener.  Both would be a good read for you i think.

Then in the forum, you will see many references to the request of the site influence to the design as June describes.  Hope this helps!

d

dripworld

I see the bonsai plant was good and it is even in small tub and rest of them i dont like it as this is my review for your page.I request to you put some some designs so others can look.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk