• Welcome to Japanese Gardening Forums 日本の園芸フォーラム. Please login or sign up.
April 11, 2021, 02:52:40 AM

News:

NOTICE:  JGO online resources will now be hosted by North American Japanese Garden Association. Learn more at https://najga.org/

Don Pylant, April, 2021

Japanese garden courses in Japan

Started by neilmo, March 02, 2015, 04:19:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neilmo

Hi all

I'm not sure if this is the right forum or if anybody is able to help but I am an Australian Landscape Architect looking for any information on short courses in garden design and/ or theory in Japan.  Unfortunately I don't speak japanese so would be looking for something in English, from a day to a few weeks, theoretical or practical (internship etc.) anywhere in Japan.

I realise this is a tall order but any help or leads would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Neil

don

Hello Neil and welcome to the forum.  You might consider checking locally to see if you can find opportunities to learn some of the basic skills to build on before a visit to Japan.  I would suggest checking with your Japanese gardens for volunteer or apprentice opportunities.  I am sure some of the gardens offer introductory classes as well.  Let me know if you dont find anything!
don

don

And i see you posted the question inside the forum sections as well and Edzard has responded.

don

neilmo

Thanks Don

I'll have a look and see what is close to me and if they might take on volunteers.

Cheers

don

Oops - i just repeated myself in the welcome section!