Bamboo fencing is a valuable element in Japanese gardening. It is a way to create a special space while adding beauty at the same time. In this installment, we demonstrate how to build the Daimyo, or Shogun style fence. The photos are taken at Otsuka Bamboo in Kyoto, Japan. For a demonstration of Japanese fence knot, see Otoko musu.
- Baron County Japanese Garden at Rice Lake, WI.
- Japanese Garden of the Montréal Space for Life Botanical Garden
- Kasugai Gardens
- Shin-Boku Scroll Garden
- The Carter Center & Jimmy Carter Presidential Library & Museum
- Japanese Heritage Garden in Hood River, Oregon
- Momoyama Style Residential Garden – Rockport, Maine
- Japanese Garden at Kidd Springs Park
Categories & Subjects
*World Garden Database* America Gardens Australia Bamboo Fence Books on Design & Construction Books on Pruning Books on Stone Books on Water Features Canadian Gardens Denmark Gardens Design & Construction Design & Craft English Gardens European Gardens French Gardens German Gardens Handbook Health & Healing Italian Gardens Japanese Garden Theory & Design Japanese tools Japan Gardens JGH Intro pages Maintaining the Garden Paths Plants Pond Private Gardens Publications Reference Sister City Garden Stone basins Stone Lanterns Tea Garden Uncategorized Way of Tea